Monday, October 22, 2012

LINES....

some lines and/or quotes from the books i recently read :)

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

When I think of you and me and what we shared, I know it would be easy for others to dismiss our time together as simply a by-product of the days and nights spent by the sea, a "fling" that, in the long run, would mean absolutely nothing. That's why I don't tell people about us. They wouldn't understand, and I don't feel the need to explain, simply because I know in my heart how real it was. When I think of you, I can't help smiling, knowing that you've completed me somehow. I love you, not just for now, but for always, and I dream of the day that you'll take me in your arms again.

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

"There are guys who grow up thinking they'll settle down some distant time in the
future, and there are guys who are ready for marriage as soon as they meet the right person. The former bore me, mainly because they're pathetic; and the latter, quite frankly, are hard to find. But it's 
the serious ones I'm interested in, and it takes time to find a guy like that whom I'm equally interested in. I mean, if the relationship can't survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and 
energy for the short term?"

When I was seventeen, I don't think I even knew what love was. But when it's right, it's right, and you just know it.

Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov

The difficult part isn’t getting a man’s interest. The trick is knowing how to sustain it.

Because she loves herself, the bitch doesn’t want anyone who doesn’t want her. She doesn’t grab his ankles and beg for mercy. She keeps that edge. And, in doing so, she prevents him from wanting to go.

Men are attracted to a woman who can speak her mind.

Before sex, a man isn’t thinking clearly and a woman is thinking clearly. After sex, it reverses. The man is thinking clearly and the woman isn’t.

In the beginning, try to see him two-thirds of the time that he asks. For the remaining third, you have “something else going on.” Don’t sit at home twiddling your thumbs waiting for his next call. Keep in mind that this isn’t about “playing hard to get.” Keep it real.Force yourself to keep the routine you had before you methim. O nce you lose your rhythm, you lose your psychological equilibrium and you become needy.

“Love thyself first, and your neighbor will be happier livingnext to you.”

...although he is a grown man, inside there is a three-year-old causing him to have Appreciation Deficit Disorder. Whenever you nag, you activate this toddler, and you have a thirty second window before you’ve activated the “little boy gland.”

You have to approach women looking like you do it all the time, and it isn’t a big deal to you. The minute you act like it’s important to you, the woman smells it and she treats you differently

When you say the word B-I-T-C-H out loud, don’t say it like it’s a bad thing. According to some, the word derives from the first letters in the following phrase: Babe In Total Control of Herself.

As Eleanor Roosevelt said, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”

No comments:

Post a Comment